Taleggio is a smear-ripened Italian cheese named after the caves of Val Taleggio. It’s one of the oldest soft cheeses produced in every autumn and winter. During cheese making, the acidic milk is brought to the lab and kept on the wood shelves in the chambers as well in caves according to tradition. In order to prevent it from mould infestation, the cheese is washed with seawater once a week. The maturation takes 6 – 10 weeks forming a thin crust. The cheese has a strong smell, but its taste is relatively mild with an unusual fruity tang..Pasteurized cow’s milk
Taleggio and Courgette Tarte
It is a recipe that lends itself well to being served as an aperitif, appetizer or second course. It will be up to you to choose the right way in which you prefer to serve it. If you choose the aperitif option, let it cool and stick it with toothpicks to create delicious finger food.
– 1 roll Pasta brisee (pie dough)
– 500g Courgettes
– 150g Taleggio cheese
– 150g Leek
– 100g Parmesan Cheese
– 200ml Fresh cream
– 3 Eggs
– Extra Virgin Olive oil
– Salt & Pepper to taste
– First, unroll the shortcrust pastry and place it in a round mold with all its parchment paper. Prick the bottom and now prepare the filling. Finely slice the leek after cleaning it, do the same thing for the courgettes, after having trimmed them.
– Pour the extra virgin olive oil into a non-stick pan and heat it. Add the sliced leek and brown it slightly. Add the courgettes and cook them for about 10 minutes. They should be cooked but crunchy.
– When the courgettes are cooked, season with salt and pepper and add the chopped parsley. Put everything in a bowl and let it cool. In the meantime, beat the eggs and add to the fresh cream together with the grated Parmesan and a pinch of nutmeg.
– Add the egg mixture to the courgettes and add 100 grams of diced Taleggio cheese. Gently mix everything and pour into the shortcrust pastry shell. Cover with the cubes of the remaining taleggio cheese and fold the edges inwards.
– Brush the cake with egg white and bake at 180° for about 30 minutes or until the cake is well puffed and golden. Serve the Taleggio and Courgette pie warm or cold.
Pasteurized Cow Milk, Salt, Rennet.